Whatsapp Messenger allows you to send messages from one phone to another without having to pay for usual SMS. By default it require 3G and GPRS connection to use it. Here, we are going to guide you how to use Whatsapp though WiFi connection.
How to Install WhatsApp Messenger
2. After downloading, you have to install it on your Nokia Phone.
3. Once installation is completed, Open WhatsApp Messenger.
4. On the starting page you will be asked to enter your phone number (you must enter correct phone number, so that you can get confirmation code to verify your account.
5. Once your account is verified you have to enter your Profile Name (profile name will be visible to your contacts).
Once you have entered your profile name, you will be landed on the home, where you can see Chats, Favorites, Contacts and Status.
How to use WhatsApp Messenger through WiFi
1. From Whatsapp Messenger Home, Tap on the Options Button and select Settings.
2. From the Settings Page, Tap on the Network Option.
3. On the Network Page, you will be able to see the Connect priority. You have to Tap on Connect priority to change the Network Settings.
4. Under Connect priority, Select “Wi-Fi, Cellular”. This will force Whatsapp to use WiFi instead of 3G or GPRS connection to connect.
Note: “Wi-Fi, Cellular” means, Whatsapp will give more priority to the WiFi connection instead of cellular Services like 3G or GPRS. If there is no WiFi connection available to your phone, then only it will use the cellular services.
[*] Whatsapp Messenger is a free application, developed by WhatsApp Inc, and it is available for Nokia, Android, Blackberry and iPhone.
[*] We have created this tutorial by using Whatsapp Messenger v2.8.8 on Nokia N8 running on belle.
If you are looking for more awesome tutorials then don’t forgot to check out our tutorial section.