How to Setup Nokia WiFi Proxy in Belle, Anna, Symbian
Alike all others phones, Nokia Belle, Anna and Symbian allows you to use Nokia WiFi Proxy settings. As you all know Nokia Belle introduced with lots of features, but setting up proxy remains same in Symbian, Anna and Belle. To setup proxy settings, all you have to do follow the below instructions carefully.
1. Firstly, open your Nokia Menu (we are using Nokia belle on N8 as example.)
2. Then Tap on the Settings Icon.
3. In Settings Menu, click on Connectivity.
4. In Connectivity Menu, Tap on the Settings.
5. Then Tap on Network Destinations.
6. Then Click on Access Point to add New Access Point (New Wi-Fi Settings). If will automatically search the available Wi-Fi connections near to your Phone, once it shows the available connections, simply add it to Internet section.
7. Now, Tap on Internet (to see the access points you have created in the above step).
8. Then Tap on the Access Point (we are using SHARDA as example).
9. Then your Access Point settings will be opened. There simply Tap on the Right Button.
10. Then Tap on the Advanced Settings.
11. There, you can simply add Proxy Server address (we are using 126.96.36.199 as example).
12. Then add Proxy Port Number (we are using 6588 as example).
You can use the above procedure in all Symbian version 3 and 5, Anna and Nokia Belle. You can use different proxy settings for every new Access Point you create.
- If your phone is already having access points in the Internet column then also you can apply the proxy settings. For doing this you can follow the procedure from Step #7.
- If you want to delete Access points from the Internet Section, then simply Tap on the Access Point Name, a Popup menu will appear with an option to Delete. Simply click on Delete option.
You can watch the above tutorial on following video:
Hoping the above guidelines will help you in setting up Wi-Fi proxy settings on your latest Nokia phone. We will love to hear your words about this settings through comment form below.
26 thoughts on “How to Setup Nokia WiFi Proxy in Belle, Anna, Symbian”
Hi ,Thanks for the guide it was very helpful I just have one question,is there anyway to force apps (like whatsapp and skype,nokia store…) through the same proxy because I cant seem to get to work .Atm I can only browse the web through this access point.
@ Bashar, We are also using proxy on our Nokia N8. And We are able to use Skype and Nokia Store successfully. Send your Proxy with Port, so that We can check it why its not working properly.
Thanks for the replay 😀
I am using my university proxy with the following address:
proxy.aub.edu.lb port: 3128
I also have to authenticate with my own username and password.
I think the problem is with proxys that require authentication ,might be wrong though.
Mainly Server Address comes in numerical form, but you are using “roxy.aub.edu.lb”. We think this is the reason that you are unable to use the Wi-Fi.
i have a nokia asha 303 (series 40)
PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I NEEED A PROXY for it!!
the menu is totaly different…no such option called destination
Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN. From there you can setup the Wi-Fi Proxy.
I can not find the Advance Settings on my symbian belle.
how do you think? Is there any solution to display the advanced settings on my symbian belle?
We think every thing was well explained above. Anyway, If you dont want to read the above steps the follow:
Click on Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Network Destinations > Internet > Select Wi-Fi connection > Click on Options > Advanced Settings.
Tanx very mach my bro:-*
Thanks. It works for me when I am using nokia browser called “web”
Soon as i set proxy with 10.0.0.21 port 3128. Then I open “web”, it then asks username and password for the proxy.
When I wanted to browse from Opera Mini, it fails to connect to Internet unlike “web” (Which is nokia browser)
@ Rusydi, you are getting this error because you havnt filled the username and Password the proxy.
thanks for the above procedure, because my frns r using wi-fi through proxy and i was unable to find my proxy settings in my phone. Now i’ll try these steps and if i fail, i’ll send mY problem.ok thanks….,
thnkyou wery good
Thanx,it worked on my E5
thank you. This is the best explanation I have seen
Thanks. It works for me only when I am using nokia browser
Soon as i set proxy with 10.10.10.1 port 3128. it then asks username and password for the proxy.
I set my username & password . Then I open “web”, but I can not connect to other application example google maps
HI,is there anyway use whatsapp and skype through the same proxy.i have wifi access from college and proxy address is 10.3.100.211:8080 almost every app works except whatsapp and skype through proxy.
My phone is a Nokia Asha 311. How can I set up proxy settings on wifi internet connection?
what is the proxyhostname of sharda for using wifi from s5282
Please check if thi swork for Nokia 311
I USE A NOKIA 303 PHNE AND THERE IS NO OPTION FOR PROXY IN ADVANCED SETTINGS HOW DO I SET PROXY THE PHONE IS SYMBIAN AND SUPPORTS WIFI
please my nokia n8 scan advanc setting how do you set plz.
when i try to edit my wifi from which i want to give the proxy settings they give me the message that unable to edit the current wifi what will i do for this
please,what is the important of adding a proxy in a wifi?
I’m using nokia N97
Ⲣretty part of content. I just stumblеd upon your web site and
in accession capital to say that I get actually enjoyed account
your blog poѕts. Anyway I ᴡill be subscribing to your feedѕ or even I
success you access pеrsistently fast.