Nokia Lumia 1020 is considered as the future of the Smartphones, with great features and outstanding looks. If you are a current user of Lumia 1020 or thinking to purchase it, then I would like to share a few things that you need to know about it, the features about the device, the ways to root or flash the custom ROM, and much more. Yes, you heard it right, ways to root/flash custom ROM on Lumia 1020.
Firstly, lets have a look at a few of its features and the specifications which can attract it towards yourself.
- It has got an amazing dimension of 5.13 X 2.81 X 0.41 inches, weighing around 158 grams.
- It has got AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with the screen size of 4.5 inches.
- It has an outstanding internal memory of about 32 GB, and 2 GB RAM, but a bad point about the device is that it doesn’t support any kind of MicroSD card.
- It comes with amazing 41 megapixel primary camera and 1.2 megapixel secondary camera, and its camera part is considered as the best plus point for this Smartphone.
- It comes with good battery capacity of 2000 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery.
Things to remember before you start to root or flash
- The first and the foremost thing is the charge of your battery, make a note that it is fully charged before you start the rooting or the flashing process.
- Always be on the safe side, so keep a backup of your important data as during the process you may lose some data.
Downloading and rooting/flashing of Nokia Lumia 1020
The below stated rooting or flashing procedure is not only for Nokia Lumia 1020, but you can proceed with them for any of the desired Smartphone mostly your Lumia device.
- The first and the foremost thing that you need to start the process is to install the Nokia Care Suite, popularly known as NCS on your PC.
- Go to the installed file and start NCS and double click on the product support tool.
- After the second step, you will notice a file option on the top left, click on that and select the open product option.
- Type RM-821 or any other option from the list as per your device preference.
- Now you need to click on the programming and then the recovery.
- And then follow the steps shown on your PC screen to install firmware file on your PC.
Now, after you are done with the installing part of the firmware on your PC,
- Now you need to connect your device to the PC.
- Hold volume down and power button, and click on the retry option on your PC.
- You will notice that your phone vibrates, as soon as it vibrates replace the volume down and the power buttons with the volume up button.
- Continue holding the volume up button until and unless you see the NOKIA logo, so that the firmware get flashed successfully to your device.